Sharing a fun breakfast/dinner for toddlers and kids that is healthy as well. Finding a Pizza in a dosa is a great alternate for kids and toddlers who are fed up with the monotonous dosas. This recipe has all the fun things that a pizza carries as well! So, you can really hide the dosa in the pizza blanket.
The ingredients: (serves 2)
Idli/dosa batter -1 cup
Carrots- 2 (grated)
Capsicum (1red, 1yellow and 1green) 3 – cut into small cubes
corn kernels ( pre boiled )- this is optional
Cheese – block/cubes
- Keep the idli batter ready; make sure it is in pourable consistency.
- Heat a tava and wipe it with little oil. Pour 1 or 2 ladle full of batter. Do not spread it much. Drizzle oil along the edges.
- Add the grated carrots, capsicums, corn kernels over the batter. Make sure they are evenly spread on the dosa.
- Close it with a lid.
- Carefully lift the dosa and place it on a plate and top it by grating the cheese when its hot so that the cheese melts and blends with the toppings.
- sprinkle some pepper powder and few oregano flakes to make the item smell pizza! These are few gimmicks done to make kids feel the pizza part in the dosa 🙂
You can either slice it or serve it as a full pizza !
Kids will surely get hooked to this dish as mine did!
The toppings can be of any combo of veggies but make sure you don’t skip the cheese part