A lovely deep fried evening snack that is all time favorite for all ages – specially kids. Tried this out when my 8 year old was grudging about her not so appealing snacks available at home.
potatoes – 3 -4 ( boiled and mashed)
onions – 2 (large ) ( finely chopped)
green chilies – 2 ( finely chopped)
red chili powder – 1 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
coriander powder – 1 tsp
garam masala powder – 2 tbsp
bread slices – 3 ( corners removed)
cheddar cheese (grated) – for topping
salt as per requirement
- Put the boiled mashed potatoes in a bowl. remember to add salt while boiling
- Add the finely chopped onions, green chilies, garam masala, corriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Now add little water over each of the bread slices and knead them well with the above mixture
- Add salt and mix well
- Make them into rolls and keep them aside
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Make sure the oil is very hot otherwise the rolls may break
- Gently drop the rolls in to the oil and do not turn them for a minute to avoid cracking and breaking.
- Flip them after a minute and deep fry them until they turn light brown
- Transfer them on a plate
- Garnish them with grated cheese toppings and serve
Grease your palm with little oil to make the rolls even. You can make in any shape to attract kids. If you are health conscious , you can shallow fry in a pan. This may reduce the oil considerably.
serve them with a tomato ketchup or a green chutney. The choice is yours!