Here’s what I would like to say that may surprise many! I am a strange bird! yes, sometimes I do love being one when it rewards happiness and the content of being ME! Well I bet there’s a ‘weirdo cat waiting to jump out’ inside every one of us!
Arguably, a strange bird cannot be solely identified by the stereotyped notions of hairstyle, clothing, and choice of books, tastes in music or behavior. We all are odd one out in some way or the other
Why isn’t that we don’t accept this quality that most of us have?
The biggest and most unforgiveable mistake that all of us repeat are ‘appearing’ to be fit in all walks of our life. Situations, culture, institutions, society and relationships muzzle us at every single stage fitting us in to flashy boxes brutally pressuring us to comply, obey and fit into the so called social norms and lifestyle.
Every one of us wants to belong somewhere. A sense belonging is what we all desire!. Why not that be a desire to be yourself even if you are considered to be a weirdo
Listed below are some views that I put forth to add on to – when I said all of us being a strange bird in some way or the other by the so called ‘popular social standards’
- When you don’t prefer to dance to others (sometimes situations) tunes and continue to live by the beat of your own drum – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you speak out from heart whatever you think (when you shouldn’t actually) breaking the rule of the thumb – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you follow the above two desires you will naturally end up with very few strong, lifelong friendships who respect your thoughts – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you reject or don’t fall for the superficial behaviors that surround social interactions- you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you often get angry with the never found perfections that should basically exist – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you are aware of the impracticality of your thoughts but still hold on to move – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you are fearless and don’t care a damn to lose socially for being who you are – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you are always on a search – experimenting ways and prefer to take the road less travelled – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When your primary motive is neither money nor making a social impression but being ‘you ‘ in all walks of life come what may – you definitely didn’t fit in right
- When you like to swim against the mob mentality and fight against being in a herd – you definitely didn’t fit in right
Now, aren’t we all socially off-the-wall sometimes ?! And that isn’t easy and it is never going to be also! Well once you genuinely follow your heart and accept that being odd at times isn’t a big deal or a crime, you will be the coolest and unique person of this wildly, crazy global community!
Cheers to our not so active bizarreness! And do share your experience of being (or not being) a fish out of the water
This post is written as a part of ‘That didn’t fit right: A Blogger Contest with Buttercups’ for Women’s Web
#Perfectfit- Celebrate yourself with a perfect fit. Take the Buttercups quiz @ http://bit.ly/buttercupsquiz and get that perfect fit you deserve. Use GYRF10 to avail a 10% discount.