- As a woman feeling and looking beautiful was never a miss but as a mother appearance has become more of a wish than reality. While the ‘WomaninMe’ needs a relaxed bath/shower time with the bathroom singer’s performance. The ‘MominMe’ would compromise for a quick 5 min shower ( 5 min?! you may wonder- in fact it is a luxury when I don’t hear ‘MOM’s and banging at the door!)
- Many a times, the ‘MominMe’ has even forgotten to brush her teeth till breakfast as queue of things would wait for her to opens her eyes! [ The woman in me would curse me this action. For to her brushing is the first and foremost personal sanitation at the start of each day]
- Coming to times of outing and other social get-together, the ‘MominMe’ spends most of her time talking about her kids to others even if they weren’t around. [‘WomaninMe’ -it’s wonderful to brag, necessary to elaborate, crucial to have an outlet but come on you are so much more than your kids!]
- The moment people ask about me, the ‘MominMe’ would spring out spontaneously to utter ‘I’m a mother of two’. I overwhelmingly compromise my identity. After all, children are the center of my day-to-day routine and I think thrice before I take any decision in my life. [‘WomeninMe’- hey wait!- tell them who you really are! What you do/accomplish. Flaunt about your creative side lady!]
- Now comes the brutal fact of TIME. Prior to mommy hood, I had no real concept of time. Though I had work and other responsibilities, the ‘WomeninMe’ chose those. I could walk away or skip some if I wanted to. But the ‘MominMe’ is controlled by the routines of my children and their demands. For now, time no longer came free, every moment is bought, borrowed or stolen by my children. Yes!, the ‘MominMe’ can even trade her TIME for her kids!.
While there are so many complex facets of being a woman, here’s the #WomanInMe who speaks about her accomplishments in the journey of womanhood
I was gifted with this life and got introduced into this world as a daughter by my parents. I am here because my parents wanted me to be here and God made me a girl, so DAUGHTER first! The journey in to the wonderful path of womanhood started with this identity of mine.
As a daughter – I am humbled and sheltered. I was encouraged to be independent and was taught to be more resilient. I trust in my own abilities as I was let to handle disappointments and pick myself again. I was let to do mistakes and discover that I can recover and try again and again, no matter what comes in. While I am innocent to my parents forever asking why’s and what if’s, I am happy of what I am today as a daughter knowing the essential life skills of tenacity and resilience and to face the world with pride.
As a sister – A special bond in which am bound by blood and a bosom buddy for life to my siblings. Though I am not like them, they are a part of me. I have shared their fear, pain and joy. Traveled hand in hand in the springs and autumns of life’s flow. I have been someone who makes them smile in times of blue, someone who’s been there for them to always care. Happy am I as a sister to be able to give lots of love, sometimes mature thoughts and to be the best emotional support. Well, I am equally privileged to be cared, protected and secured by the virtue of just being their sister!
As a wife – The most significant role of mine as a woman and a completely different one from my other roles. I laugh, comfort and give my shoulders to lean on, to my life- my better half. I reverence, notice, regard, esteem, value, admire and listen to him. I ignore his ignorance and tolerate his flaws- for to me there’s no limit to my love’s full measure. I have been supportive, positive and been there for him as a brick wall – to hold him rather hold us to keep our bond stronger. It is in this role, I am blessed with the immense ability to switch on and off in to different roles – a mother, sister, a friend and a life partner when time demands.
As a mother- The most rewarding and exhausting role of a woman. It is in this role that I have found the hidden strengths in me. The role which involves nurturing, guiding, teaching and providing mental and physical support to my own creations. I have learnt as a mother to win over my pains and struggles, take every single step with caution, and deal with roller coaster of emotions. Every single day as a mother is a challenge put forth in front of me. And mothering has helped to rediscover myself as a guardian angel to my wonderful kids.
Finally, I am all of these equally, proportionately mixed so that I complete as a Woman. And I am glad to be the woman who wears her heart with pride on her sleeves- where the entire world can see.
For all I am the woman I can be, the one I want to be, could be and would be! and I cherish the #WomanInMe