Mor Kazhli – a quick and easy traditional south Indian recipe which gets prepared in just 15 minutes . A perfect light tiffin for after school/work or even for dinner. Usually made with left over sour butter milk which makes the dish more tasty. let’s get into the making!
Rice flour 1 cup
Sour buttermilk 2 cups
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Bengal gram 1 tsp
Urid dhal 1 tsp
Asafoetida powder 1/2 tsp
Mor milagaai 3
curry leaves few
- Blend sour curd with 1 cup of water. (If needed add more water. The mix must not be thick and must be like butter milk.)
- Take a vessel and mix rice flour, blended curd, asafoetida powder & salt and mix thoroughly
- Place the pan on a stove in medium flame
- Add 2 tsp of gingely oil and add mustard and allow it to burst
- Add mor milagaai and saute until they turn black
- Now add bengal gram, urid dhal and saute till they turn brownish red
- Finally add the curry leaves and saute for few seconds
- Turn the stove to low flame
- Add the rice flour mix to the pan and mix well and keep on stirring otherwise it will form lumps.
- switch of the stove when the mixture does not stick to the pan or starts to leave the sides.
- Then apply oil in plate. Then transfer the mixture to the greased plate.
- Make this mixture flat by using spatula. Cut into desired shape so as to make kids eat with fun
- You can serve as such for adults.
Keep in Mind:
Instead of mor milagaai, you can also use red chilly.