A traditional chettinad recipe with cheese and onion stuffing and a great after school snack or breakfast which kids would love to have.
Idli batter – 1 cup
Cheese – cubes
( if grated roll it in to small balls)
Onions – finely chopped
Masala powder – 2tsp
Curry leaves – to sauté
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the finely chopped onions and curry leaves with some cumin seeds.
- Add this to the idli batter and mix well
- Roll the cheese in to small balls if you have the grated ones otherwise , make sure to cut the cheese cubes into smaller size
- Now heat the kuzhipaniyaram pan and add oil to each kuzhi
- Pour the batter in each kuzhi and drop in the cheese balls/cubes gently in the middle. See to that it sinks well in the batter.
- Close it the lid and let it cook.
- Open and turn it carefully with the kuzhipaniyaram stick and cook the other side too.
- Gently remove it from the pan
Serve it with either coconut chutney or tomato chutney. It goes well with sauce too.